<MP>Monday, 08 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 21:39:26 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Josephine Bakhita (c. 1868-1947)
For many years, Josephine Bakhita was a slave but her spirit was always
free and eventually that spirit prevailed. Born in Olgossa in the Darfur
region of southern Sudan, Josephine was kidnapped at the age of seven,
sold into slavery and given the name Bakhita, which means fortunate. She
was re-sold several times, finally in 1883 to Callisto Legnani, Italian
consul in Khartoum, Sudan. Two years later he took Josephine to Italy and
gave her to his friend Augusto Michieli. Bakhita became babysitter to
Mimmina Michieli, whom she accompanied to Venice's Institute of the
Catechumens, run by the Canossian Sisters. While Mimmina was being
instructed, Josephine felt drawn to the Catholic Church. She was baptized
and confirmed in 1890, taking the name Josephine.

Lord, go up to the place of your rest! ~Psalm 132

Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick
in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel
on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed. ~Mark 6:53-56

Jesus healed.  And people  brought the sick to him from all directions.
And he reached out with compassion to heal them. The Lord's healing is
available to us as well.  We can never forget the fact that we are always
in God's hands.  We can trust in his healing and forgiving love.

I pray that I may trust in the Lord's healing. I pray that I may never
forget that I am in the Lord'ds healing and forgiving hands.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.