<MP>Monday, 08 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 18:32:01 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

M Y    S T E M    C E L L    T R A N S P L A N T
I began the process at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on 01 December. Stem Cell
collection begins tomorrow (Monday). Visit my Web Site for a complete
description.  Just follow the front page link from:  www.frpat.com Visit my
Blog too, for daily updates: www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  A D V E N T     P A G E S  :=.

Our Advent Pages are up and running. There are special pages for Saint
Nicholas (December 6), Our Lady of Guadalupe, Juan Diego and more.  There
are Advent resources and special blessings for Advent, our Nativity Scene,
Christmas Tree, Advent Wreath and more.  There are resources for
Reconciliation available in both English and Spanish. Visit our Web Site and
click the banner link from: www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

Feast of the Immaculate Conception
REMEMBER - THE FEAST OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION IS
A HOLY DAY OF OBLIGATION BE SURE TO ATTEND MASS!
A feast called the Conception of Mary arose in the Eastern Church in the
seventh century. It came to the West in the eighth century. In the eleventh
century it received its present name, the Immaculate Conception. In the
eighteenth century it became a feast of the universal Church. In 1854 Pius
IX gave the infallible statement: "The most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the
first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted
by almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the savior of the
human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin."  For more,
follow the link below:

In him we were also chosen, destined in accord with the purpose of the One
who accomplishes all things according to the intention of his will, so that
we might exist for the praise of his glory, we who first hoped in Christ.
~Ephesians 1:3-6, 11-12

Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found
favor with God. Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and
you shall name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the
Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his Kingdom there
will be no end." ~Luke 1:26-38

Today we celebrate the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. She
was preserved from sin from the first instant of her conception.  We are not
so fortunate.  Sin is part of the world and part of our lives.  Yesterday,
in the beginning of Mark's Gospel, we heard John the Baptist call us to
repentance - to lower the mountains, raise the valleys, and prepare a
highway for our God.  Jesus called us to the same thing. We can be inspired
by Mary's example and strive to follow her faith, a faith that made it
natural for her to say, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be
done to me according to your word."

I pray that I may prepare the way for the coming of Jesus at Christmas and
at the end of time.  I pray that I may be inspired by Mary's example and
count on her intercession to say "Yes" to God, and to follow His will for
me, whatever that is!