<MP>Monday, 07 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:54:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. John Baptist de la Salle (1651-1719)
Complete dedication to what he saw as God's will for him dominated the life
of John Baptist de la Salle. In 1950, Pope Pius XII named him patron of
schoolteachers for his efforts in upgrading school instruction. As a young
seventeenth-century Frenchman, John had everything going for him: scholarly
bent, good looks, noble family background, money, refined upbringing. At the
early age of 11, he received the tonsure and started preparation for the
priesthood, to which he was ordained at 27. He seemed assured then of a life
of dignified ease and a high position in the Church. For more, click the
link below:

Certain members of the so-called Synagogue of Freedmen, Cyreneans, and
Alexandrians, and people from Cilicia and Asia,
came forward and debated with Stephen, but they could not withstand the
wisdom and the Spirit with which he spoke.  ~ Acts 6:8-15

Jesus answered them and said, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for
me not because you saw signs but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
Do not work for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal
life, which the Son of Man will give you.  ~ John 6:22-29

The power of Jesus' resurrection is being realized, and not everybody is
comfortable.  They can't deny that Jesus' followers are speaking with
courage and wisdom that cannot be disputed.  Jesus urges the crowds not just
to come around to be fed with loaves of bread, but to work for food that
endures to eternal life.

I pray that I may be filled with God's Holy Spirit and be bold in my belief
in Jesus' resurrection.  I pray that I can share my faith boldly, not paying
so much attention to the things of this world, but working for the ones that
endure to eternal life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bee asks prayers for Father Pat's health. Barbara & Jack asks prayers for a
friend's husband who took very ill suddenly and is now in a nursing home.
Susan asks prayers for her husband who has prostate cancer and will have
surgery on Tuesday. Mother ask prayers for daughter who lost her job, that
she will keep her eyes on Him and that she will find employment, and also
find a place to live.

Ruth asks prayers for a special intention. Amy asking for a special
intention for the Women's Retreat Team and Retreat, may they have found
peace this weekend, Amen! Ray a member asks prayers for his wife who is in a
nursing home for therapy, that it may be successful and she will be able to
return home.