<MP>Monday, 06 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:47:00 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   LAST CHANCE: SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ON 10 OCTOBER!

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

   If you sign up, let me know right away so I can keep
   track of the group.
   You may wish to call Pentecost Tours too, to make sure
   they're saving space for you.  800-713-9800

F A L L    C L E R G Y    C O N F E R E N C E

Deacon Frank and I will be at our Diocesan Fall Clergy
Conference on Monday and Tuesday. Morning Prayer for Tuesday
will be sent early, before we leave for the Conference on
Monday morning.  Keep us and our Bishop in your prayers, and
know you'll remain in mine as well!

St. Bruno (1030?-1101)
This saint has the honor of having founded a religious order which, as the
saying goes, has never had to be reformed because it was never deformed. No
doubt both the founder and the members would reject such high praise, but it
is an indication of the saint's intense love of a penitential life in
solitude.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: I am amazed that you are so quickly forsaking the one
who called you by the grace of Christ for a different gospel (not that there
is another). But there are some who are disturbing you and wish to pervert
the Gospel of Christ. ~Galatians 1:6-12

Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robbers' victim?"
He answered, "The one who treated him with mercy." Jesus said to him, "Go
and do likewise." ~Luke 10:25-37

The scholar of the law in today's Gospel thought he was doing quite well,
following the commandments as they were set forth. They he asked Jesus about
the neighbor he was to love as himself.  Jesus told him the story of the
Good Samaritan and truly threw him off guard.  He could not deny that the
neighbor to the robbers' victim was the one who treated him with mercy. How
tempting it can be to water down the message in our minds and then justify
ourselves. Jesus cuts through all of that and lets us know what it will take
to truly walk in His footsteps.

I pray that I may accept the fullness of the Gospel message.  I pray that I
may see all people as being my neighbor, and then show mercy toward all,
loving my neighbor as myself.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Margaret asks for prayers that someone will find relief from his daily joint
pain. Please pray that a daughter finds good employment soon. Joyce asks for
prayers for her daughter to be cancer free as she will get the results of
her cat scan on Monday.

Peggy asks prayers for a friend is in critical condition in ICU with severe
pancreatitis. Patricia asks prayers for her son who is travelling to
Mississippi today, that he be safe and successful. Bettye requests prayers
for her best friend who has cancer, and for several other intentions.