<MP>Monday, 06 August 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 16:36:42 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
WE HAVE MET OUR GOAL OF 36 TRAVELERS.

Land only price (meet us in the Holy Land) is $1926.
All but 4 seats must be surrendered to the airlines after August 27th.

The brochure and full information, including hotel links, is on-line.
Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

If you will be joining us, let me know as soon as you can so I can keep
track of the group!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"He said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and rest
a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to
eat.  And they went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves."
~Mark 6:31-32

Refilling with the spirit is something we need every day.  For this
refilling with the spirit, it's helpful to have times of quiet communion,
away, alone, without noise, without activity.  We need this dwelling apart,
this shutting ourselves away in the very secret place of our being, away
alone with our maker.  From these times of communion we can come forth with
new power.  This refilling is the best preparation for effective work.  When
we are spiritually filled, there is no work too hard for us.

I pray that I may be daily refilled with the right spirit.  I pray that I
may be full of the joy of true living.

Brian asks for prayer support for a friends father who has Parkinson's
Disease and just suffered a Stroke. Patricia asks prayers for successful
surgery and good health for daughter and new baby to arrive by c-section
this morning 8/06. G asks for prayers for his mother,  that she start
co-operating in physical therapy so that she might gain the strength to
undergo chemo and other treatments.

Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Janice asks prayers for her
husband,  that he may have success in his search for a job and that he not
give up on his faith in the Lord.  Therese asks for prayers for financial
help for her family due to medical expenses.

Charla asks prayers for her young niece, Shawn, who has serious health
issues. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her daughter and son-in-law whose
son has been diagnosed with ADHD that doctors may find a suitable medication
to help with his symptoms and make it easier for them to deal with the
problem. A member asks prayers for someone who is dying from cancer that she
will come back to the Church before it is too late.

A member from Mississippi asks prayers that the Lord's hand be in the state
and local elections being held Tuesday, and that God's people are elected to
run our local government. Michael asks prayers for his sister and parents
who passed away. Don requests prayers for his family who have addiction,
mental and physical problems. Richard asks prayers for his sister who needs
a change in her fortunes and to resolve some issues with her son.