<MP>Monday, 06 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:45:38 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Crescentia Hoess (1682-1744)
Crescentia was born in 1682 in a little town near Augsburg, the daughter of
a poor weaver. She spent play time praying in the parish church, assisted
those even poorer than herself and had so mastered the truths of her
religion that she was permitted to make her holy Communion at the then
unusually early age of seven. In the town she was called "the little angel."
For more, follow the link below:

I, the LORD, have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you
by the hand;  formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light
for the nations, To open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from
confinement,
and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness. ~Isaiah 42:1-7

The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came, not only
because of him, but also to see Lazarus,
whom he had raised from the dead. And the chief priests plotted to kill
Lazarus too, because many of the Jews were turning away and believing in
Jesus because of him. John 12:1-11

As we begin Holy Week we ask God for the courage to be a light for the
nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from
confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness. We are to
walk in Jesus' footsteps and be like Jesus in the world we live in. May the
inspiration of the Holy Week and the grace we receive, help us to do just
that.

I pray that I may strive to walk in Jesus' footsteps and model myself after
Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A mother requests prayers for our  son who is seeking a new career option
this week and our daughter who has a phone interview for a job this week.
Mary seeks prayers as she seeks employment. Irene asks prayers to pass her
examination. Therese offers prayers of thanksgiving for Fr. Pat's recovery
and his return to his parish this Holy Week.