<MP>Monday, 05 January 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:38:27 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

I T ' S    D A Y    T W O
It's day two after the Transplant.  We made our way to the Hospital at 9:30
this morning, and I was feeling pretty good.  I've stopped taking morning
medications all together and now take them twice.  A lot less shakiness and
flushing that way.  Electrolytes were fine and blood was decent.  There was
a slight Creatinine rise, so I was given a liter of IV fluids.  Then we went
out to lunch at Red Lobster with a family from my parish.  Their son was
here at the transplant house when he was 9 months old.  Now he's eleven
years old and doing great!  Now we'll continue in this routine until things
get worse or better.  If they get worse it might mean a blood transfusion,
fluids, or a night or so in the Hospital.  If not, we'll stay the course! I
wish for you a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year!  Read much more at my blog,
updated every day at:  www.frpat.com/mayoblog

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. John Neumann (1811-1860)
Perhaps because the United States got a later start in the history of the
world, it has relatively few canonized saints, but their number is
increasing.
John Neumann was born in what is now the Czech Republic. After studying in
Prague, he came to New York at 25 and was ordained a priest. He did
missionary work in New York until he was 29, when he joined the
Redemptorists and became its first member to profess vows in the United
States. He continued missionary work in Maryland, Virginia and Ohio, where
he became popular with the Germans.

  For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son, Jesus
Christ, and love one another just as he commanded us. Those who keep his
commandments remain in him, and he in them, and the way we know that he
remains in us is from the Spirit whom he gave us. ~1 John 3:22-4:6

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the Kingdom
of heaven is at hand." He went around all of Galilee, teaching in their
synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every disease
and illness among the people. His fame spread to all of Syria, and they
brought to him all who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain,
those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics, and he cured them.
~Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

During this Christmas Season we continue to listen for God's call in our
lives, and to Jesus call to "Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand,"
that we hear in our Gospel today. As we turn to God we are called to love
one another just as "he commanded us.  Those who keep his commandments
remain in him, and he in them, and the way we know that he remains in us is
from the Spirit whom he gave us.

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may fallow Jesus' call to repentance in my life.  I pray that
I may love others as God wants me to, that I may remain in Him and Him in
me!

I pray that I may always seek the truth.  I pray that I may be grateful for
John the Apostle, his privileged relationship with Jesus and all he shares
with us about God, His love for us and His call for us to love one another.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the willingness
to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being called to
Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10