<MP>Monday, 04 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:44:24 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Joseph of Leonissa (1556-1612)
Joseph avoided the safe compromises by which people sometimes undercut the
gospel. Born at Leonissa in the Kingdom of Naples, Joseph joined the
Capuchins in his hometown in 1573. Denying himself hearty meals and
comfortable quarters, he prepared for ordination and a life of preaching.
For more about this Saint, click the link below:

"What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you
by God, do not torment me!" (He had been saying to him, "Unclean spirit,
come out of the man!") He asked him, "What is your name?" He replied,
"Legion is my name. There are many of us." And he pleaded earnestly with him
not to drive them away from that territory.  ~ Mark 5:1-20

And people came out to see what had happened. As they approached Jesus, they
caught sight of the man who had been possessed by Legion, sitting there
clothed and in his right mind. And they were seized with fear.

There is evil in the world we live in. We can allow that evil to enter us
and dwell in us.  But God is stronger than any evil. We need to remember
that.

I pray that I may not open myself to the power of evil.  I pray that I
remember though, that God has the power to protect me from the power of
evil.  I pray that I may use the Sacrament of Reconciliation often, to get
rid of my sins and make more room for God's presence within me.