<MP>Monday, 04 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:57:04 -0600

A D V E N T    P A G E

Visit my Advent Page for alternative Christmas gifts, Advent ideas, prayers
and blessings, Reconciliation resources and much more.  Just follow the link
from:  www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R   P A T
On-line predators: What you can do to minimize the risk.  Just click the
link:

  http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/children/kidpred.mspx

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,800 in Prizes!

2007 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2007.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they do
not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.  I am not
asking you to take them out of the world, but I ask you to protect them from
the evil one.  They do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to
the world.  Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.  ~John 17:14-17

We can seek to set aside the valuations of the world which seem wrong and
try to judge only by those valuations which seem right to us.  We need not
seek the praise and notice of the world.  We can be one of those who, though
sometimes scoffed at, have a serenity and peace of mind which the scoffers
never know.  We can be one of that group who feel God's presence in the
universe, though God and God's values are often rejected by those around us.

I pray that I may not heed too much the judgment of the world. I pray that I
may test things by God's values.

A mother requests prayers for her who needs to pass the Bar exam and find a
job. Lyne asks prayers for marriage, that her husband's mental health
problems from childhood will be healed, and that he will return to marriage.
A member asks prayers for her husband who is in pain and is depressed and
has become negative. A member asks for prayers to accept God's will in
dealing with the health of her granddaughter, and that family members will
have the courage to accept.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm