<MP>Monday, 04 August 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:25:16 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   *** At least 18 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already
been taken.
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. John Vianney (1786-1859)
A man with vision overcomes obstacles and performs deeds that seem
impossible. John Vianney was a man with vision: He wanted to become a
priest. But he had to overcome his meager formal schooling, which
inadequately prepared him for seminary studies. His failure to comprehend
Latin lectures forced him to discontinue. But his vision of being a priest
urged him to seek private tutoring. After a lengthy battle with the books,
John was ordained.   For more, follow the link below:

At once Jesus spoke to them, "Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid."
Peter said to him in reply, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you
on the water." He said, "Come." Peter got out of the boat and began to walk
on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw how strong the wind was he became
frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!"
Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, and said to him, "O
you of little faith, why did you doubt?"  ~Matthew 14:22-36

It is difficult for us to comprehend the power of the Lord. Like Peter, we
can falter.  God can call us to do something exceedingly difficult ... and
for us all but impossible.  When we trust in God He can give us the strength
to succeed.  We need to have confidence that God can and will do this.  We
need to trust, not do doubt.  As Peter began to sink, he cried out, "Lord
save me!" Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, and said to him, "O
you of little faith, why did you doubt." God can do for us what we could
never do by ourselves.  We can trust in this truth.

I pray that I may allow the Lord to lead me to places where I am not
comfortable and do not feel competent.  I pray that I may trust that, with
this mission, comes the strength and courage to do a good job.  I pray that
I may not falter, but trust in the God who can do for me what I could never
do for myself.