<MP>Monday, 03 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:50:35 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S    T O    I T A L Y
We'll remember you intentions in our prayers!

Fill out the on-line form and we'll remember your prayer intentions during
our Masses and in our daily prayers during our 10-22 November Pilgrimage to
Southern Italy, Rome and the Vatican.  Just follow the banner link from:

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. Martin de Porres (1579-1639)
"Father unknown" is the cold legal phrase sometimes used on baptismal
records. "Half-breed" or "war souvenir" is the cruel name inflicted by those
of "pure" blood. Like many others, Martin might have grown to be a bitter
man, but he did not. It was said that even as a child he gave his heart and
his goods to the poor and despised.  For more, follow the link below:

Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard
others as more important than yourselves, each looking out not for his own
interests, but also everyone for those of others. ~Philippians 12:1-4

Rather, when you hold a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame,
the blind; blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay
you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." ~Luke
14:12-14

God calls me to regard others as more important than myself, that I may look
out not for my own interests, but also everyone for those of others.  I am
called too, to reach out to the poor, the crippled, the lame and the blind,
knowing that although I may not be repaid here one earth, I will be at the
resurrection of the righteous.

I pray that I may regard others as more important than myself.  I pray that
I may look out for everyone who needs my help.  I pray that I may not seek
any reward in this life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Member fervently asks for prayers for our Nation that we will elect a
candidate that does not endorse abortion this coming Tuesday. Jane asks
prayers that we elect a truly pro-life President on Nov 4th. Mary asks
prayers for a friend and a cousin that their breast cancer treatments are
successful.