<MP>Monday, 03 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 19:33:13 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Sts. Philip and James
James, Son of Alphaeus: We know nothing of this man but his name, and of
course the fact that Jesus chose him to be one of the 12 pillars of the New
Israel, his Church. He is not the James of Acts, son of Clopas, "brother" of
Jesus and later bishop of Jerusalem and the traditional author of the Letter
of James. James, son of Alphaeus, is also known as James the Lesser to avoid
confusing him with James the son of Zebedee, also an apostle and known as
James the Greater.
Philip: Philip came from the same town as Peter and Andrew, Bethsaida in
Galilee. Jesus called him directly, whereupon he sought out Nathanael and
told him of the "one about whom Moses wrote" (John 1:45).

I am reminding you, brothers and sisters, of the Gospel I preached to you,
which you indeed received and in which you also stand. Through it you are
also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you
believed in vain. ~1 Corinthians 15:3-8

Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for
us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you
still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How
can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the
Father and the Father is in me? ~John 14:6-14

Lack of understanding. Thomas didn't understand where Jesus was going.
Today we celebrate Saints Philip and James and we see that Philip didn't
understand either. Jesus reminds him that: "Whoever has seen me has seen the
Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?  Do you not believe that I am
in the Father and the Father is in me?"

I pray that I may strive to understand.  I pray that I may always try to
walk in the footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for our 53 students who were Confirmed at Saint Pat's this
afternoon.  Jo Ann requests prayers for special intentions for her son and
his family. A member requests prayers for his father who is recovering from
open heart surgery, for improved health, comfort, and blessings. Clairann
requests prayers for her cousin who will be having quadruple bi-pass
surgery.