<MP>Monday, 03 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:59:23 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

A D V E N T    S A I N T S
Follow the links from www.frpat.com for more about Saint Nicholas (December
6th), Saint Juan Diego (December 9th) and Our Lady of Guadalupe (December
12th).

     From Father Pat Umberger

Saint Francis Xavier (1506-1552)
Francis Xavier, 24 at the time, and living and teaching in Paris, did not
heed these words at once. They came from a good friend, Ignatius of Loyola,
whose tireless persuasion finally won the young man to Christ. Francis then
made the spiritual exercises under the direction of Ignatius, and in 1534
joined his little community (the infant Society of Jesus). Together at
Montmartre they vowed poverty, chastity and apostolic service according to
the directions of the pope. We visited his castle during last year's
Pilgrimage to Fatima, Spain and Lourdes.

For more, click the link below:

"For over all, the LORD's glory will be shelter and protection: shade from
the parching heat of day, refuge and cover from storm and rain. ~Isaiah
4:2-6

When Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to
him, saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering
dreadfully." He said to him, "I will come and cure him." The centurion said
in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say
the word and my servant will be healed."  ~Matthew 8:5-11

Although Francis Xavier traveled all over preaching, for most of us, our
preaching is done to our families, husband, wife, children and co-workers
... and not so much with words as through our example.  Like the Centurion
in today's Gospel, we can trust in Jesus and His healing strength. We can
rely upon God and the shelter and protection the Lord supplies.

I pray that I may preach mostly through my example, rather than by many
words.  I pray that I may hope and trust in God as I prepare for the coming
of Jesus at Christmas and at the end of time.