<MP>Monday, 03 August 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:54:05 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter Julian Eymard (1811-1868)
Born in La Mure d'Isère in southeastern France, Peter Julian's faith journey
drew him from being a priest in the Diocese of Grenoble (1834) to joining
the Marists (1839) to founding the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament
(1856).
In addition to those changes, Peter Julian coped with poverty, his father's
initial opposition to Peter's vocation, serious illness, a Jansenistic
striving for inner perfection and the difficulties of getting diocesan and
later papal approval for his new religious community.  For more, follow the
link below:

When Moses heard the people, family after family, crying at the entrance of
their tents, so that the LORD became very angry, he was grieved. ?Why do you
treat your servant so badly?? Moses asked the Lord. ?Why are you so
displeased with me
that you burden me with all this people? Was it I who conceived all this
people? ~Numbers 11:4b-15

They all ate and were satisfied, and they picked up the fragments left over
? twelve wicker baskets full. Those who ate were about five thousand men,
not counting women and children. ~Matthew 14:13-21

Moses has a hard time with the people he is leading.  They are griping and
complaining and not at all grateful for all God has given them.  But God is
eternally generous and offers his people great bounty.  We can appreciate
His bounty despite our human weaknesses, failings and sinfulness.

I pray that I may appreciate God's goodness to me.  I pray that I may strive
to be generous with the many gifts God has given me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for member Audra as she anticipates radiation treatment for brain
cancer, and for her wonderful family and friends. Marilyn gives thanksgiving
for prayers answered in that her granddaughter found a position in her line
of education. Pat asks prayers for a brother who is being treated for
Leukemia.

Pat is requesting prayers for grandson who has a drinking problem and is
impairing his job and family. Neil requests prayers for a dear friend, that
the rift with his daughter might be repaired. Marge requests prayers for a
priest friend who has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Debbie asks prayers for a Crisis Pregnancy center in need financial help.
Marianna asks prayer for her brother who has 4 young children and suffering
from liver cancer. Chris asks prayers for himself having bleeding in his
retina and needs injections into the eyeball to help restore vision.

Chris requests prayers for her daughter and son in law who are expecting
their second child in March. Joan asks prayers for her brother who will be
going through tests at Mayo Clinic, for good results. Carol asks for prayers
for her family as they travel to and from their vacation destination and for
water safety during their stay.