<MP>Monday 01 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:05:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    S C H O O L

It's Back-to-School time.  The yellow buses will be coming soon!  Visit my
Web Site for my Back-to-School page.  It includes great links, a blessing
that may be done in Church and another you can use as a family before your
kids leave for School on the first day, and every day if you'd like!  Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Giles (d. 710?)
Despite the fact that much about St. Giles is shrouded in mystery, we can
say that he was one of the most popular saints in the Middle Ages. Likely,
he was born in the first half of the 7th century in southeastern France.
That is where he built a monastery that became a popular stopping-off point
for pilgrims making their way to Compostela in Spain and the Holy Land.  For
more, follow the link below:

I came to you in weakness and fear and much trembling, and my message and my
proclamation were not with persuasive words of wisdom, but with a
demonstration of spirit and power, so that your faith might rest not on
human wisdom but on the power of God. ~1 Corinthians 2:1-5

And he said, "Amen, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own native
place. ~Luke 4:16-30

Jesus could do no good in His home town. People thought that nothing special
could come from their midst. Paul touched deeply the lives of the people he
visited. He had to rely on the power of God. We need not sell ourselves
short. We can look to the power of God at work in people who live near us,
even our own family members and friends.

I pray that I may see the power of God at work in those around me, even my
own family members and friends.  I pray that I may allow the power of God to
go to work in me, that I can lead people to God through my own good example.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for those in the path of Hurricane Gustav, for police and emergency
officials and for all who strive to do a good job of helping and sheltering
those who have been evacuated.