<MP>Monday, 01 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 18:16:44 -0500

L A S T    C H A N C E    F O R    H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
Only four or five seats remain.
Seats will be ticketed on October 4th.
If you're interested in joining us, CALL PENTECOST TOURS right away:
       800 713-9800

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: Lo, I will rescue my people from the land of
the rising sun, and from the land of the setting sun. I will bring them back
to dwell within Jerusalem.  They shall be my people, and I will be their
God, with faithfulness and justice." ~Zechariah 8:1-8

Jesus said, "Whoever receives this child in my name receives me, and whoever
receives me receives the one who sent me. For the one who is least among all
of you is the one who is the greatest." ~Luke 9:46-50

St. Thérèse of Lisieux (1873-1897)
Born in France in 1873, while still a young girl she entered the Carmelite
monastery in Lisieux. She lived a life of humility, simplicity and trust in
God. "To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul."  Her preference of
hidden sacrifice did convert souls. She went to the convent to "save souls
and to pray for priests." Shortly before she died, she wrote: "I want to
spend my heaven doing good on earth."  The last year of her life she slowly
wasted away from tuberculosis. And yet shortly before her death on September
30 she murmured, "I would not suffer less." On last year's Pilgrimage we
visited Lisieux and her house.

St. Thérèse recognized her smallness, but also that God could work through
her.  She said "To be little is not attributing to oneself the virtues that
one practices, believing oneself capable of anything, but to recognize that
God places this treasure in the hands of his little child to be used when
necessary; but it remains always God's treasure. Finally, it is not to
become discouraged over one's faults, for children fall often, but they are
to little to hurt themselves very much."

I pray that I can do good things in God's name.  I pray that I may not take
credit for my good deeds but always give the credit to Him.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Tommy asks prayers for his sister is very ill and disoriented. Don requests
prayers for his family who have serious mental and physical problems. A
member requests prayers for special intentions for her children and also
future employment opportunities.

Claro asks prayer for a very dear friend to make it to Chicago for
employment  purposes. A member asks prayer for problems with her finances.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site