<MP>Monday, 01 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 12:22:14 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 20 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most of
the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of great
quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. David of Wales (d. 589?)
David is the patron saint of Wales and perhaps the most famous of British
saints. Ironically, we have little reliable information about him. It is
known that he became a priest, engaged in missionary work and founded many
monasteries, including his principal abbey in southwestern Wales. Many
stories and legends sprang up about David and his Welsh monks. Their
austerity was extreme. They worked in silence without the help of animals to
till the soil. Their food was limited to bread, vegetables and water.

O LORD, we are shamefaced, like our kings, our princes, and our fathers, for
having sinned against you. But yours, O Lord, our God, are compassion and
forgiveness! ~Daniel 9:4b-10

Jesus said to his disciples: "Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
"Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you will not
be condemned. ~Luke 6:36-38

A man died and went to Heaven. He was scandalized by the fact that his
enemies and lots of big-time wrong-doers were there.  He didn't want to
bring it up to St. Peter, but he noticed that a hush fell over the genial
crowd when he arrived.  When he asked St. Peter about it he said, "They were
stunned that YOU were here."  Jesus says "Be merciful just as your Father is
merciful. Stop judging and you will not be judged. Stop condemning and you
will not be condemned."

I pray that I may give others the benefit of the doubt.  I pray that I may
leave all judgment to God, and trust in his mercy toward me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.