<MP>Monday, 01 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:59:14 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE!
details. Hotels have been chosen and links are at the Web Site. Air Space
has now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.

St. Ansgar (801-865)
The ?apostle of the north? (Scandinavia) had enough frustrations to become
a saint?and he did. He became a Benedictine at Corbie, France, where he
had been educated. Three years later, when the king of Denmark became a
convert, Ansgar went to that country for three years of missionary work,
without noticeable success. Sweden asked for Christian missionaries, and
he went there, suffering capture by pirates and other hardships on the
way. Less than two years later he was recalled, to become abbot of New
Corbie (Corvey) and bishop of Hamburg. The pope made him legate for the
Scandinavian missions. Funds for the northern apostolate stopped with
Emperor Louis?s death. After 13 years? work in Hamburg, Ansgar saw it
burned to the ground by invading Northmen; Sweden and Denmark returned to
paganism. He directed new apostolic activities in the North, traveling to
Denmark and being instrumental in the conversion of another king. By the
strange device of casting lots, the king of Sweden allowed the Christian
missionaries to return.

Lord, rise up and save me. ~Psalm 3

Catching sight of Jesus from a distance, he ran up and prostrated himself
before him, crying out in a loud voice, ?What have you to do with me,
Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me!?
(He had been saying to him, ?Unclean spirit, come out of the man!?) He
asked him, ?What is your name?? He  replied, ?Legion is my name.  There
are many of us.? And he pleaded earnestly with him not to drive them away
from that territory. ~Mark 5:1-20

We can become overwhelmed with troubles and challenges.  We can be
dismayed by the evil within the world and even feel its influence on us.
It's good for us to remember that God is ALL POWERFUL, more mighty than
any evil.  God send Jesus to bring us light and life and to drive out evil
where He found it.  And Jesus succeeded every time!

I pray that I may be confident in God's power. I pray that I may rely on
the Lord to protect me from all evil and bring me to light and life.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

(c)MMX, Fr. Pat Umberger