<MP>Monday, 01 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 09:59:09 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.  No more
than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just
follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed John of Vercelli (c. 1205-1283)
John was born near Vercelli in northwest Italy in the early 13th century.
Little is known of his early life. He entered the Dominican Order in the
1240s and served in various leadership capacities over the years. Elected
sixth master general of the Dominicans in 1264, he served for almost two
decades. Known for his tireless energy and his commitment to simplicity,
John made personal visits-typically on foot-to almost all the Dominican
houses, urging his fellow friars to strictly observe the rules and
constitutions of the Order. For more, follow the link below:

Then the wolf shall be a guest of the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down
with the kid; The calf and the young lion shall browse together, with a
little child to guide them. ~Isaiah 11:1-10

Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I give you praise, Father, Lord
of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise
and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. ~Luke 10:21-24

As we prepare for Jesus coming at Christmas and at the end of time we look
at all that needs to be accomplished. Isaiah's dream of a peaceful kingdom
can come about only if there is justice. It seems like an extravagant dream,
but nothing is impossible for God.

I pray that Isaiah's dream may be accomplished.  I pray that I may cooperate
in building peace through treating those around me justly ... and that I may
work earnestly to help it all happen.