<MP>Friday, 5 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 18:10:49 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 11th. There will be food, and fun
for people of all ages.  Studebaker 7 will provide entertainment from 7 p.m.
to 10:30 p.m. There are also Raffle Tickets available.  1-4th Prizes are
$1,000, 5th prize is $500, 6-10th prizes are $100. If you live close to us,
why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd like to help us by purchasing some
raffle tickets.  You can learn more at: www.stpatz.com

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta (1910-1997)
Mother Teresa of Calcutta, the tiny woman recognized throughout the world
for her work among the poorest of the poor, was beatified October 19, 2003.
Among those present were hundreds of Missionaries of Charity, the Order she
founded in 1950 as a diocesan religious community. Today the congregation
also includes contemplative sisters and brothers and an order of priests.
Speaking in a strained, weary voice at the beatification Mass, Pope John
Paul II declared her blessed, prompting waves of applause before the 300,000
pilgrims in St. Peter's Square. In his homily, read by an aide for the aging
pope, the Holy Father called Mother Teresa "one of the most relevant
personalities of our age" and "an icon of the Good Samaritan." Her life, he
said, was "a bold proclamation of the gospel."  For more, follow the link
below:

Therefore, do not make any judgment before the appointed time, until the
Lord comes, for he will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will
manifest the motives of our hearts, and then everyone will receive praise
from God. ~1 Corinthians 4:1-5

Jesus answered them, "Can you make the wedding guests fast while the
bridegroom is with them? But the days will come, and when the bridegroom is
taken away from them, then they will fast in those days." ~Luke 5:33-39

God is the one who judges.  It is dangerous for us to pass judgment on
others. We're likely to judge by the world's standards, or even judge others
for doing the same things we ourselves do.  It is so much better when we
simply relax and spend our time and energy following God's call.  When we
build justice and unity, peace is the product. God is the one who judges.
We simply do our small part to further His plan for the world we live in.

I pray that I may not waste my time and energy judging others.  I pray that
I may follow God's call in my life, doing my small part to further His plan
for the world.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Knights of Columbus Wisconsin State Council
La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain
Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site