<MP>Friday, 30 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:22:37 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Andrew
Andrew was St. Peter's brother, and was called with him. "As [Jesus] was
walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon who is now called
Peter, and his brother Andrew, casting a net into the sea; they were
fishermen. He said to them, 'Come after me, and I will make you fishers of
men.' At once they left their nets and followed him" (Matthew 4:18-20).  For
more, click the link below:  www.frpat.com

"Brothers and sisters: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord
and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be
saved."  ~Romans 10:9-18

"He called them, and immediately they left their boat and their father
and followed him."  ~Matthew 4:18-22

Andrew was the brother of St. Peter.  Both fishermen, they left their boat
and their father as Jesus promised that they would become fishers of men. So
many are called but so few listen and follow God's call. What a blessing
life is when we do follow.

I pray that I may be alert and aware and hear and follow God's call when it
comes to me.  I pray that I may not make excuses or delay my response to
God's call.