<MP>Friday, 30 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:23:39 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

Feast of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Understand, then, that the LORD, your God, is God indeed, the faithful God
who keeps his merciful covenant down to the thousandth generation toward
those who love him and keep his commandments, but who repays with
destruction a person who hates him; he does not dally with such a one, but
makes them personally pay for it. ~Deuteronomy 7:6-11

God is love, and whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him. ~1
John 4:7-16

At that time Jesus exclaimed: "I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven
and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the
learned you have revealed them to little ones. ~Matthew 11:25-30

God is love.  Jesus showed his love for us by dying on the cross.  We can
see the image of his Sacred Heart with a crown of thorns, pierced by a lance
and still burning with love for all of us, even those who put him to death.
We can bring our troubles to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  We can know that
Jesus will always shoulder our burden. We can be people of love too,
remaining in God and God in us.

I pray that I may be grateful that God showed his great love for us in the
person of Jesus who died for us. I pray that I may appreciate Jesus' love
for us. I pray that I may know that I'm never alone, that the Lord will
shoulder my burdens with me.