<MP>Friday, 30 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:14:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus straightened up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one
condemned you?'  She said, 'No one, sir.' And Jesus said, 'Neither do I
condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.'" ~John 8:10-11

I can forget the past as much as possible.  The past is over and gone
forever.  Nothing can be done about the past, except to make what
restitution I can.  I need not carry the burden of all my past failures. I
can go on in faith.  The clouds will clear and the way will lighten. The
path will become less stony with every forward step I take.  God has no
reproach for anything that God has healed.  I can be made whole and free,
even through I have done less than worthy things in the past.  I can
remember the saying: "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

I pray that I may not carry the burden of the past.  I pray that I may cast
it off and press on in faith.

Member Sandy requests prayers for several family members who are going in
for tests. Mary asks prayers for a 5-month-old baby who is still in the
hospital and for his 17-year-old. A member asks prayers for a
daughter-in-law with mental health issues. A member asks prayers for someone
who is starting a new job. Sue asks prayers for someone who has a detached
retina and can't work.