<MP>Friday, 30 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:37:16 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Pius V (1504-1572)
This is the pope whose job was to implement the historic Council of Trent.
If we think popes had difficulties in implementing Vatican Council II, Pius
V had even greater problems after that historic council more than four
centuries ago. During his papacy (1566-1572), Pius V was faced with the
almost overwhelming responsibility of getting a shattered and scattered
Church back on its feet. The family of God had been shaken by corruption, by
the Reformation, by the constant threat of Turkish invasion and by the
bloody bickering of the young nation-states. In 1545 a previous pope
convened the Council of Trent in an attempt to deal with all these pressing
problems. Off and on over 18 years, the Church Fathers discussed, condemned,
affirmed and decided upon a course of action. The Council closed in 1563.

We ourselves are proclaiming this good news to you that what God promised
our fathers he has brought to fulfillment for us, their children, by raising
up Jesus, as it is written in the second psalm, You are my Son; this day I
have begotten you. ~Acts 13:26-33

Thomas said to him, "Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we
know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me." ~John 14:1-6

Some of us have GPS to help us find our way to where we're going.  Of
course, first we need to know the destination. In our Gospel today Thomas
does not know where Jesus is going.  Jesus says, I am the way and the truth
and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  We can keep
our destination in mind ... and follow in Jesus steps to get there.

I pray that I may never lose sight of my destination.  I pray that I may
strive to follow in Jesus' steps in order to get there.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for those preparing for Sacraments, especially our 53 candidates for
Confirmation who rehearsed last night and will be Confirmed this Sunday.  We
pray for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the
second graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this
weekend.