<MP>Friday, 29 June 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:51:30 -0500

J O I N    M E
A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.
04-15 November 2007
Save $100. Early sign up discount deadline is 27 July!

Now is a great time to sign up! The brochure and full information, including
hotel links, is on-line.
We'll renew our Baptismal Promises at the Jordan River, where Jesus was
Baptized by John.  We'll renew our marriage vows and pray for any deceased
husbands and wives at Cana in Galilee where Jesus attended a wedding with
his Mother and turned water into wine.  We'll take a boat ride on the Sea of
Galilee.  We'll even have a chance to visit Masada and to swim in the Dead
Sea. We'll visit the Holocaust Museum in Jerusalem too, and see the Dead Sea
Scrolls.  You'll never read Scripture in the same way after this wonderful
Pilgrimage! Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"For this reason, since the day we heard it, we have not ceased praying for
you and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God's will in
all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you may lead lives worthy of
the Lord, fully pleasing to him, as you bear fruit in every good work and as
you grow in the knowledge of God." ~Colossians 1:9-10

Our lives are a preparation for something better to come.  God has a plan
for our lives and it will work out, if we try to do God's will. God has
things planned for us, far beyond what we can imagine now. But we can
prepare ourselves so that we will be ready for the better things to come.
Now is the time for discipline and prayer.  The time of expression will come
later.  Life can be flooded through and through with joy and gladness.  So
we can prepare ourselves for those better things to come.

I pray that I may prepare myself for better things which God has in store
for me.  I pray that I may trust God for the future.

Kathy requests prayer for her father who is very ill. Tina asks prayers for
healing for her husband who has a throat infection that is resistant to
medications. Mary requests prayers for herself and family members, who will
all be traveling over this holiday week to be together, that God and St.
Christopher assist them all with safe trips.

Frieda asks prayers for a special intention. Sheila requests prayers for her
son and his family who are having major financial and housing issues and are
having difficulty taking guidance from his father. Val ask prayers as she
needs to have some blood test done and hopes everything will be alright.

Melva asks prayers for four children whose mother committed suicide,
especially for the son who found her. Valerie asks prayers for special
intention and for help with house. Holly asks prayers for a parishioner is
has cancer which has spread all over his body.