<MP>Friday, 28 November 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 17:34:40 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to look
forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize every
day in 2009 ... from $30 to $500.  Prizes total $16,755.  Only 3000
calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out, just follow the
banner link from:  www.stpatz.com

St. James of the Marche (1394-1476)
Meet one of the fathers of the modern pawnshop!
James was born in the Marche of Ancona, in central Italy along the Adriatic
Sea. After earning doctorates in canon and civil law at the University of
Perugia, he joined the Friars Minor and began a very austere life. He fasted
nine months of the year; he slept three hours a night. St. Bernardine of
Siena told him to moderate his penances.  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus told his disciples a parable. "Consider the fig tree and all the other
trees. When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that
summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening,
know that the Kingdom of God is near. ~Luke 21:29-33

The Church Year is rapidly coming to an end. We know that "Christ has died,
Christ is Risen, and Christ will come again." That could be in the next
minute, the next day or year, or 1000 years from now.  Nobody knows but God.
Still, we can get ready and stay ready.  As Luke says, "Know that the
Kingdom of God is near."

I pray that I may not fear the second coming of Christ.  I pray that I may
get ready and stay ready, knowing that " ... the Kingdom of God is near."