<MP>Friday, 28 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 18:31:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
The Dollar vs. the Euro -  Good news for travelers ... the Euro is not at
about $1.25 compared with $1.60 on 31 December
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Mary Ann of Jesus of Paredes (1614-1645)
Mary Ann grew close to God and his people during her short life. The
youngest of eight, Mary Ann was born in Quito, Ecuador, which had been
brought under Spanish control in 1534. She joined the Secular Franciscans
and led a life of prayer and penance at home, leaving her parents' house
only to go to church and to perform some work of charity. She established in
Quito a clinic and a school for Africans and indigenous Americans. When a
plague broke out, she nursed the sick and died shortly thereafter.

She was canonized by Pope Pius XII in 1950.

For more, follow this link:

Beloved, do not be surprised that a trial by fire is occurring among you, as
if something strange were happening to you.
But rejoice to the extent that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so
that when his glory is revealed you may also rejoice exultantly. ~1 Peter
4:7-13

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,

'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but
believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. ~Mark
11:11-26

A trial by fire is coming.  Faith is necessary.  God's power is without
limit, and our faith can help us do things we never thought possible.

I pray that I may be ready to sacrifice and suffer for my faith.  I pray
that I may know God's power and use it to do His will.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for a very close family friend who is being
deployed to Afghanistan in June, as well as all members of the armed
services who are in harm's way, that God may protect them in their services
to our country and the cause for freedom for all mankind. A friend asks
prayers for her brother's girlfriend who has advanced Multiple Sclerosis and
was recently diagnosed with heart disease.

Barb requests prayers for a nephew who is having marital problems. Ken
requests prayers for his neighbor whose cancer has returned and is facing 18
weeks of chemo. Barbara requests prayers of healing for someone who is
undergoing a bone marrow transplant and is experiencing complications.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse