<MP>Friday, 28 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 20:44:15 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, answered them, "Leaders of the
people and elders: If we are being examined today about a good deed done to
a cripple, namely, by what means he was saved, then all of you and all the
people of Israel should know that it was in the name of Jesus Christ the
Nazorean whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead; in his name this
man stands before you healed. ~ Acts 4:1-12

Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you just caught." So Simon Peter
went over and dragged the net ashore full of one hundred fifty-three large
fish. Even though there were so many, the net was not torn. ~ John 21:1-14

Peter and the other disciples are growing bolder.  They fearlessly attribute
the healing of the cripple to the name of Jesus Christ the Nazorean. There
is no doubt that their group is growing in size and boldness as the power of
the resurrection permeates them and their work. In our Gospel the number of
fish caught is extraordinary, and on the advice of Jesus who was a
carpenter.  People were coming to see that nothing is impossible with God.
And there was still a great deal more they needed to learn about Jesus and
His resurrection!

I pray that I may be bold in my own faith, giving Jesus credit for healing
and conversion in my own life.  I pray that I may stay open to learning more
about Jesus and the power of the resurrection, and how this resurrection
affects me and my call in this life.