<MP>Friday, 27 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:38:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 13 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Cyril of Alexandria (376?-444)
Saints are not born with halos around their heads. Cyril, recognized as a
great teacher of the Church, began his career as archbishop of Alexandria,
Egypt, with impulsive, often violent, actions. He pillaged and closed the
churches of the Novatian heretics, participated in the deposing of St. John
Chrysostom and confiscated Jewish property, expelling the Jews from
Alexandria in retaliation for their attacks on Christians.  For more, follow
the link below:

Let my tongue be silenced, if I ever forget you! ~Psalm 137

When Jesus came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him. And then
a leper approached, did him homage, and said,
"Lord, if you wish, you can make me clean." He stretched out his hand,
touched him, and said, "I will do it. Be made clean." ~Matthew 8:1-4

How important it is for us always to remember the fact that God is with us.
Sometimes we can try to do God's work for Him, deciding what should change
and what should stay the same.  We can decide too, how healing will come to
us and those we love.  Still, we need to trust in the beneficent will of
God, trusting that things today are just as they should be, and that we are
not abandoned.  God will bring us healing and hope.

I pray that I may never forget God's presence with me.  I pray that I may
trust in God's work and His will, ready to receive the healing strength he
wants me to have.