<MP>Friday, 27 April 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:46:06 -0500

L E A V I N G    T O M O R R O W
Knights of Columbus State Convention

I'll be at the Knights of Columbus State Convention from Friday afternoon
until late on Monday.  Margie, our Pastoral Minister, will send out Morning
Prayer in my absence.  Keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers!

H O L Y    L A N D    2 0 0 7
04-15 November.  The brochure is now on line!
$2599 from Minneapolis, $2499 from JFK in New York

S I N G L E    T R A V E L E R S
Roommate needed!

Our Pilgrimages are very friendly to single travelers.  Some elect to pay
the single room supplement and have a room of their own. The group is always
very friendly and inviting and folks have had no problem fitting in.
Pentecost Tours does its best to find roommates for single travelers who
don't want to pay the supplement. One lady is currently considering the
Pilgrimage but is in need of a female roommate. Perhaps that is just what
you need to hear.  If so, just let me know!

This Holy Week heard many places in the Holy Land mentioned in the
Scriptures.  We'll visit most if not all of them on our November Pilgrimage
to the Holy Land. Visit my Web Site for complete details.  You can sign up
any time now, and we expect this one to fill up quickly. Gary says the Holy
Land has been their most popular destination!  Why not sign up on Holy Week.

And, if you sign up, let me know so I can keep track of the group! Just
follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"We are always confident; even though we know that while we are at home in
the body we are away from the Lord--for we walk by faith, not by sight."  ~2
Corinthians 5:6-7

We can know God by spiritual vision.  We can feel that God is beside us.  We
can feel God's presence.  Contact with God is not made by the senses.
Spirit-consciousness can replace sight.  Since we cannot see God, we can
perceive God by spiritual perception.  God can span the physical and
spiritual with the gift to us of spiritual vision.  Many persons, though
they cannot see God, have had a clear spiritual consciousness of God.
Although we are bound in a certain sense by space and time, we can know that
beyond those boundaries there is limitless space, eternity of time and God.

I pray that I may have a consciousness of God's presence.  I pray that God
will give me spiritual vision.