<MP>Friday, 26 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:10:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, THREE from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   SEATS WILL BE TICKETED ABOUT 10 OCTOBER
   SINGLE TRAVELERS & NEW MEMBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD)
   and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

Sts. Cosmas and Damian (d. 303?)
Nothing is known of their lives except that they suffered martyrdom in Syria
during the persecution of Diocletian.
A church erected on the site of their burial place was enlarged by the
emperor Justinian. Devotion to the two saints spread rapidly in both East
and West. A famous basilica was erected in their honor in Constantinople.
Their names were placed in the canon of the Mass, probably in the sixth
century.  For more, follow the link below:

I have considered the task that God has appointed for the sons of men to be
busied about. He has made everything appropriate to its time, and has put
the timeless into their hearts, without man's ever discovering, from
beginning to end, the work which God has done. ~Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

He said, "The Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders,
the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be
raised."  ~Luke 9:18-22

God's ways are not our ways.  God's time is not our time. Yet God has put
the timeless into our hearts.  We know that our lives will be filled with
joys and sadnesses, triumphs and defeats, and that we'll have to die before
we can go to Heaven. Jesus lived that same kind of life.  In today's Gospel
he speaks about having to suffer greatly, be rejected, be killed and on the
third day raised.

I pray that I may relax and know that God is God ... and that God's ways and
God's time is not necessarily ours.  I pray that I may use my time on this
earth to draw closer to God and help others to do so. I pray that I may
accept life on life's terms and do my best to follow in Jesus' gentle
footsteps.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Martha asks prayers for complete healing for her 6 month old granddaughter
who was born with a hole in her heart. Jeanne asks for prayers of thanks for
being approved for disability because of her rheumatoid arthritis. Mom begs
prayers of healing for daughter & son-in-law whose marriage is on brink of
divorce and they have a three month old baby girl.

A member requests prayers so her medical tests come back o.k. and that she
can be finished with her chemotherapy treatments. Tina requests prayers for
the repose of the soul of a dear friend who passed away yesterday, and for
her family, that they will find peace in knowing she is in heaven now. Ann
asks prayers for a special intention.

Phyllis asks prayers for a special intention. Alyce asks prayers for her
brother in law who is undergoing a rare and difficult surgery to repair his
esophagus as well as prayers to heal his whole body. Deb asks prayers for
her children who are struggling to find their way with finances and
employment.

Beverly asks prayers for a special intention. Loretta asks prayers for
several intentions. Melinda requests prayers for her daughter who continues
to have ear and throat problems. Marilynn asks prayers for a special
intention. JP asks for prayers of comfort for a friend and his family whose
father died Wed. A Mother asks prayers for her daughter that the problems in
her marriage will soon be resolved.