<MP>Friday, 26 October 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:55:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

K E E P    P R A Y I N G !
You may remember that today I went to Mayo Clinic for my check-up a week
after eye surgery.  Dr. Pulido was going to put an injection in the eye
today, but the pressure was 44 in that eye.  It was 22 the day after
surgery.  He said it's because the drains are clogged up. He said the eye
had cleared a bit and he was able to see a little better into the eye today.
He gave me three more kinds of drops and a capsule to take twice a day.  He
started some of those things and had me wait until 3:45 this afternoon to
make sure the pressure would drop.  By that time the pressure had dropped to
27. I have to go back next Friday.  He may put in the injection then.  He
doesn't seem very worried about me going on the Pilgrimage to Israel.  He
*did* say he might have to come along with me. (-:  Thanks for your many
prayers on my behalf.  Don't stop now!

H O L Y    L A N D    P I L G R I M A G E
TWO SEATS AVAILABLE!

Were you interested in the Holy Land Pilgrimage, but moved too slowly.  Has
your situation changed. Gary e-mailed me today to let me know he now has two
more seats for the 04-16 November Pilgrimage to the Holy Land.  Call
Pentecost Tours if you're interested:  800 713-9800.  The Brochure is
available at my Web Site:  www.frpat.com

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R   I N T E N T I O N S
We'll pray for your Intentions in the Holy Land!

We'll be happy to take your prayer intentions with us to the Holy Land and
pray for you and your intentions at our daily Masses and at the many
Churches and Holy Site's we'll visit.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com to send your Intention with us!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Contardo Ferrini (1859-1902)
The son of a teacher who became a learned man himself and is patron of
Universities. He believed our lives should reach out to the infinite.  For
more about him, follow this link:

"I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want."  ~ Romans
7:18-25a

"You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky; why do
you not know how to interpret the present time?" ~ Luke 12:54-59

Like Paul, we often do the wrong we don't want to do, not the good we want
to do. Christ is the one who shows us who we are.  Our union with Him helps
us look realistically at what is happening, interpret it faithfully and
remain obedient to His call in our lives. We can rely on Christ to bring us
through.

I pray that I may strive to good and to avoid evil. I pray that I may rely
on Christ to help me in my journey through this world to God.