<MP>Friday, 26 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:54:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

THERE ARE NOW 35 REGISTERED PILGRIMS.
12 MORE SPACES AVAILABLE, UP TO 7 FROM LA CROSSE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Didacus of Cadiz (d. 1801)
Born in Cadiz, Spain, and christened Joseph Francis, the youth spent much of
his free time around the Capuchin friars and their church. But his desire to
enter the Franciscan Order was delayed because of the difficulty he had with
his studies. Finally he was admitted to the novitiate of the Capuchins in
Seville as Brother Didacus. He later was ordained a priest and sent out to
preach. His gift of preaching was soon evident. He journeyed tirelessly
through the territory of Andalusia of Spain, speaking in small towns and
crowded cities. His words were able to touch the minds and hearts of young
and old, rich and poor, students and professors. His work in the
confessional completed the conversions his words began.

But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion: my persecutors will
stumble, they will not triumph. In their failure they will be put to utter
shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. ~Jeremiah 20:10-13

If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me; but if I perform
them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may
realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."
~John 10:31-42

Jesus indeed performs the Father's works. He calls us to believe in Him.
During this week we'll see many who go in other directions.  Let's not be
among their number.  Let's be faithful to the Lord.

I pray that I may realize that Jesus performs the Father works.  I pray that
my faith in Jesus may be steadfast I prepare to enter the most Holy Week of
the year!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Michele asks prayers for her sister in law who has a very aggressive cancer
that has spread for healing and the ability to rely on the Lord in this
difficult time. Please pray for God's healing for Bettye and two other
people. A member requests prayers for her mother in law who is recovering
from surgery.

Diane asks prayers for a family member who is a recovering alcoholic, that
they can stay strong and not return to drinking. JP expresses prayers of
thanksgiving for God's miracle answer to my prayers for relief to my son
ending 7 years of persistent insomnia. Ray, a member, asks prayers for our
parish priest whose cancer has returned, that prayer and radiation therapy
may heal him.

Margaret asks prayers for a 21-year-old who was diagnosed with leukemia.
Margaret asks prayers for a friend who suffers from pain in his limbs. Mary
requests prayers for her friend who has medical problems that the doctors
quickly diagnose and treat.