<MP>Friday, 26 December 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 23:14:47 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P  R A Y E R  :=:
     ~From Father Pat Umberger

M E R R Y    C H R I S T M A S
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Holy New Year.
Visit my Web Site for some good Christmas links, our Christmas Card to you
… and even a picture of my “evil” sister and I sitting on Santa’s Lap.
Just follow the banner link from:

.=:  S A I N T    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

St. Stephen (d. 36 A.D.?)
All we know of Stephen is found in Acts of the Apostles, chapters six and
seven. It is enough to tell us what kind of man he was: At that time, as
the number of disciples continued to grow, the Hellenist (Greek-speaking)
Christians complained about the Hebrew-speaking Christians, saying that
their widows were being neglected in the daily distribution. So the Twelve
called together the community of the disciples and said, “It is not right
for us to neglect the word of God to serve at table. Brothers, select from
among you seven reputable men, filled with the Spirit and wisdom, whom we
shall appoint to this task, whereas we shall devote ourselves to prayer
and to the ministry of the word.” The proposal was acceptable to the whole
community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the Holy
Spirit.... (Acts 6:1-5)
 For more, follow this link:
http://www.americancatholic.org/features/SaintofDay/

.=:  S C R I P T U R E    O F    T  H E    D A Y  :=.

They threw him out of the city, and began to stone him. The witnesses laid
down their cloaks at the feet of a young man named Saul. As they were
stoning Stephen, he called out “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” ~Acts
6:8-10, 7:54-59

When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speakor what
you are to say. You will be given at that moment what you are to say.
~Matthew 10:17-22

.=: M E D I T A T I O N    O F    T H E    D A Y  :=.

Just a day after Christmas we celebrate Saint Stephen, deacon and martyr.
We are told that being followers of Jesus can result in persecution, but
that we should remember all the time that the Lord is with us. “ … do not
worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say.  You will be
given at that moment what you are to say.”

 .=: P R A Y E R    F O R    T H E    D A Y  :=.

I pray that I may hold onto my faith in Jesus even when living my faith
makes me seem different than others.  I pray that I know that Jesus came
to be Emmanuel, “God with us.”  I pray that I may never be afraid as I
know God’s intimate presence with me every minute of my life.

We pray for the justice that leads to lasting peace, and for the
willingness to stand up for and defend life. We pray for all those being
called to Church vocations, that they may be willing to respond
generously.

Keep me in your prayers and know you are remembered in mine as well.  May
God continue to bless you and those you love, and keep you safe!

Father Pat
                    ~Be still and know that I am God.”  ~Psalm 46:10