<MP>Friday, 25 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:28:39 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Conversion of Saint Paul
Paul's entire life can be explained in terms of one experience-his meeting
with Jesus on the road to Damascus. In an instant, he saw that all the zeal
of his dynamic personality was being wasted, like the strength of a boxer
swinging wildly.  Paul came to see the error of his ways, and turned his
entire life around to be one of the greatest advocates of Christ in history.
For more about the wonderful story of his conversion, follow the link below:

He stayed some days with the disciples in Damascus, and he began at once to
proclaim Jesus in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. All who heard
him were astounded and said, "Is not this the man who in Jerusalem ravaged
those who call upon this name, and came here expressly to take them back in
chains to the chief priests?"  ~Acts 9:1-22

Jesus appeared to the Eleven and said to them: "Go into the whole world and
proclaim the Gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptized will
be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned.  ~ Matthew 16:5-18

Paul, one of the greatest persecutors of Christians became blind.  When he
opened his eyes he saw the errors of his ways and used all the strength he
had to make amends and promote Christianity. He became the great apostle to
the Gentiles. His example and work hastened the spread of Christianity
throughout the known world.

I pray that, in my sinfulness, I may not beat myself down and remain in the
discomfort of my sin.  I pray that, like Paul, I may acknowledge my failures
and then use my strength to make amends and help others to come closer to
the Lord by my example.