<MP>Friday, 25 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:47:22 -0500

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"When you send forth your spirit, they are created; and you renew the face
of the ground."  ~Psalm 104:30

We need not yield to weariness of the spirit.  At times, the world's cares
and distractions can intrude and the spirit can become weak.  At times like
this, we can carry on and soon the spirit will become strong again.  God's
spirit is always with us, to replenish and renew. None of us has ever
sincerely sought God's help in vain.  Physical weariness and exhaustion make
a time of rest and communion with God more necessary. When we are overcome
by temporary conditions which we cannot control, we can keep quiet and wait
for the power of the spirit to flow back.

I pray that I may not speak or act in the midst of emotional upheaval. I
pray that I may wait until the tempest is past.

Bonnie asks prayers for employment. Leeanne asks prayers as she deals with
her sister's death from lung cancer. Cynthia asks prayers for several
intentions. Please pray for the family of an Airman from our parish who was
killed in Afghanistan last week.  I'll celebrate his Funeral Mass on
Saturday.

Connie asks prayers for her husband who is traveling to India, that he have
a safe journey. Rebecca requests prayers for a long-time smoker, who has
been diagnosed with lung cancer, that she break free from addiction and be
restored to health.  Nancy from PA requests prayers that her son may get the
job he applied for and was interviewed for, if it be God's Will.

Member Sandy is requesting prayers for her friend's husband who is fighting
colon cancer. A member asks prayers for a young woman who was killed in a
bus accident. Therese requests prayers for her family who have a special
intention.

A retired teacher asks prayers as she experiences the dark night of the
soul. Marisa asks for prayers for herself that all Doctor's appointments
will result in good news from the Doctors. Tom asks prayers for continued
good health & spiritual growth for family members and myself, along with the
eventual sale of my home and acquisition of a new position.