<MP>Friday, 25 April 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:19:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

T H E    B A N D A G E S    A R E    O F F
As you know, my eye was removed on Monday.  Today the bandages were removed
and the doctors say it's healing well and things look "perfect."  The
muscles of the eye have been attached to a ball that his been implanted,
then covered with two layers of pink skin, like the skin inside your mouth.
Then a spacer is inserted to hold the place for the prosthetic eye.  That
has been in place since the surgery.  Tissue was biopsied to check for
cancer and all came back clear ... NO CANCER WAS FOUND.  So now it will be
six weeks of healing before the prosthetic eye can be fashioned and
inserted.  Thanks so much you're your many prayers.  They're precious to me.
And ... don't stop now!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  $2699 from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure
is available in Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Mark
Most of what we know about Mark comes directly from the New Testament. He is
usually identified with the Mark of Acts 12:12. (When Peter escaped from
prison, he went to the home of Mark's mother.) Paul and Barnabas took him
along on the first missionary journey, but for some reason Mark returned
alone to Jerusalem. It is evident, from Paul's refusal to let Mark accompany
him on the second journey despite Barnabas's insistence, that Mark had
displeased Paul. Later, Paul asks Mark to visit him in prison so we may
assume the trouble did not last long. For more, click the link below:

So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in
due time. Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. ~1 Peter
5:5b-14

These signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will drive out
demons, they will speak new languages. They will pick up serpents with their
hands, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not harm them.
They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." ~Mark 16:15-20

Humility. That's the quality Jesus calls from his disciples. The one who
serves the needs of the rest will be the greatest. On the other hand, Jesus
disciples have been lavished with gifts as well ... from speaking new
languages to healing those who are sick. As believers in our own time we
need to know that those gifts have been given us as well.  It is not good
for us to hide these gifts or doubt that they'll work.  God calls us to put
them to humble us in building up His Kingdom.

I pray that I may have a good sense of the gifts God has given me, and put
them to good use.  I pray that I may humbly offer what I have to help
others.