<MP>Friday, 24 October 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:27:25 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Anthony Claret (1807-1870)
The "spiritual father of Cuba" was a missionary, religious founder, social
reformer, queen's chaplain, writer and publisher, archbishop and refugee. He
was a Spaniard whose work took him to the Canary Islands, Cuba, Madrid,
Paris and to the First Vatican Council.
In his spare time as weaver and designer in the textile mills of Barcelona,
he learned Latin and printing: the future priest and publisher was
preparing. Ordained at 28, he was prevented by ill health from entering
religious life as a Carthusian or as a Jesuit, but went on to become one of
Spain's most popular preachers.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: I, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to live in a
manner worthy of the call you have received,
with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another
through love, striving to preserve the unity of the spirit through the bond
of peace; ...  ~Ephesians 4:1-6

If you are to go with your opponent before a magistrate, make an effort to
settle the matter on the way; otherwise your opponent will turn you over to
the judge, and the judge hand you over to the constable, and the constable
throw you into prison. I say to you, you will not be released until you have
paid the last penny."  ~Luke 12:54-59

Paul urges us to "live in a manner worthy of the call" we have received.
When we do so we are humble, gentle and patient. We strive to preserve
unity.  In our Gospel we are called to make and build peace.  When we have
differences, we are called to solve and settle them. Otherwise "your
opponent will turn you over to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the
constable, and the constable throw you into prison."  We can seek the Lord's
wisdom and strength to solve whatever differences we have peacefully.

I pray that I may live in a manner worthy of my calling.  I pray that my
humility, gentleness and patience will help me solve any differences I may
have with those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Grandmother asks prayers for her granddaughter who is undergoing tests.
Charla asks prayers for her Dad's hip replacement and enlarged prostrate.
Cherie request prayer's for the family business that has been in business
for 40 year's that it can still support it self and all it employees.

Nancy from PA who is a four plus year survivor of breast cancer, offers
prayers of thanksgiving for continually getting good reports on her checkups
and prays for those who have been diagnosed with breast cancer that they may
have faith and receive good news as well. Beverly asks prayers for a special
intention. Don requests prayers for his family who have mental, emotional
and physical problems.

Marcia requests prayers for her husband who is suffering with depression
that he may find comfort soon. Member fervently asks for prayers for our
Nation during the upcoming election that we will elect a candidate that does
not endorse abortion.