<MP>Friday, 23 October 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:41:08 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John of Capistrano (1386-1456)
It has been said the Christian saints are the world's greatest optimists.
Not blind to the existence and consequences of evil, they base their
confidence on the power of Christ's redemption. The power of conversion
through Christ extends not only to sinful people but also to calamitous
events. Imagine being born in the fourteenth century. One-third of the
population and nearly 40 percent of the clergy were wiped out by the bubonic
plague. The Western Schism split the Church with two or three claimants to
the Holy See at one time. England and France were at war. The city-states of
Italy were constantly in conflict. No wonder that gloom dominated the spirit
of the culture and the times.  For more, follow the link below:

Brothers and sisters: I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my
flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. For I do not
do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. ~Romans 7:18-25a

If you are to go with your opponent before a magistrate, make an effort to
settle the matter on the way; otherwise your opponent will turn you over to
the judge, and the judge hand you over to the constable, and the constable
throw you into prison. ~Luke 12:54-59

It's difficult ... living a moral life.  Paul's words resonate with us:  "I
do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want." We can trust in
God and His grace to help us live lives according to our calling.  We can
choose to be kind, loving and supportive as we live our faith in the Lord
Jesus.

I pray that I may ask for and use God's grace.  I pray that I may live life
according to God's calling.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayers for her daughter for successful treatment of kidney
transplant rejection and wisdom for the doctors.