<MP>Friday, 23 November 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 21:12:20 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

H A P P Y    T H A N K S G I V I N G !

I hope you had a truly *wonderful* Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving here at
the Rectory with my two Sisters, two Brothers-in-Law, Niece, two Nephews, a
Great Niece and a Great Nephew.  It was great to be together. The challenge
now, is to stay Thankful as the Christmas shopping season gears up and
people are tempted to either over-spend or think mostly about themselves and
what they want. May the gentle Thankful Holiday of Thanksgiving lead to a
great celebration of Jesus Christ the King this Weekend, and an Advent to
help us prepare for the coming of Jesus at Christmas, and again at the end
of time!

     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Miguel Agustín Pro (1891-1927)

¡Viva Cristo Rey! (Long live Christ the King) were the last words Father Pro
uttered before he was executed for being a Catholic priest and serving his
flock. For more, click the link below:

Judas and his brothers said, ?Now that our enemies have been crushed, let us
go up to purify the sanctuary and rededicate it.? So the whole army
assembled, and went up to Mount Zion.  ~1 Mc 4:36-37, 52-59

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out those who were
selling things, saying to them, ?It is written, My house shall be a house of
prayer, but you have made it a den of thieves.?  ~Luke 19:45-48

God calls us to form a community of people dedicated to Him and His work. In
today's Gospel Jesus drives out those who are turning a house of prayer into
a den of thieves. And those in power were threatened by him, because people
were hanging on his words.

I can come to understand more and more that God calls me to be part of a
community of believers who do His work and His will.  I pray that I may keep
the Church holy and not be threatened when the Word of God calls me to
conversion and change.