<MP>Friday, 23 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:28:11 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N

PRICE GOES UP $100 AFTER SATURDAY, 24 JUNE!

FORTY are currently signed up and our goal has been surpassed.
We have ROOM FOR FIFTY, so eleven possible spaces remain.
Early Sign-up Deadline is 24 June. Price rises $100 after that.
There were several new inquiries today!

It's shaping up to be a great Pilgrimage . to Portugal (Lisbon, Santerem,
Fatima), Spain (Alba de Tormes, Avila, Segovia, Burgos, Loyola, Pamplona &
Javier) and France (Lourdes, Paris & Lisieux).  Out farewell dinner will be
in a restaurant in the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The brochure is now on-line,
along with a map and links to our hotels! The very reasonable price includes
transportation, luggage transfers, all admissions, guide, escort, all
breakfasts and dinners and even a packed lunch for the 1st Class train ride
from Lourdes to Paris. As always we'll celebrate daily Mass and pray the
Rosary when we're traveling. Our dinner on the last night will be served in
one of Altitude 95, a restaurant within the Eiffel Tower in Paris. For
complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

P.S. If you sign up, let me know by e-mail so I can keep an accurate count
of Pilgrims.

     From Father Pat Umberger

=:  S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  :=.

"Jesus said to them, "Come away to a deserted place all by yourselves and
rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even
to eat.  And they went away in the boat to a deserted place by themselves."
~Mark 6:31-32

We can be constantly recharged by the power of the spirit of God.  We can
commune with God in quiet times until the life from God, by that very
contact, flows into our being and revives our fainting spirit. When weary,
we can take time out and rest.  We can rest and gain power and strength from
God, and then we can be ready to meet whatever opportunities come our way.
We can rest until every care and worry and fear have gone, and then the tide
of peace and serenity, love and joy, can flow into our consciousness.

I pray that I may rest and become recharged.  I pray that I may pause and
wait for the renewing of my strength.

Kate requests prayers for her Godmother who has pancreatic cancer. Cathy
asks for prayers for herself  that her tests come out okay and that her
fears are calmed while waiting for the results. Donna requests prayers for
her friend, and her brother-in-law, who both are battling  cancer, that God
gives them peace and healing.

Christine request prayers for her and her husband, that Gods lifts the
serious financial burdens they have suffered this the last year and He gives
them the means to get back on their feet again. Leila is asking for prayers
for her brother who is in need of healing prayers.  Merema asks prayers for
safety and protection of young grandchildren going on school trip.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.