<MP>Friday, 23 April 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:04:06 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

K N I G  H T S    O F    C O L U M B U S
State Convention this Weekend
I'm La Crosse Diocesan Chaplain of the Knights of Columbus and will be at
the Knights of Columbus State Convention from Friday-Sunday.  Prayer
requests will not be included with <MP>Morning Prayer during this time,
since Morning Prayer has already been prepared and will be sent by Margie,
our Pastoral Minister.  Keep us in your prayers and know you'll be
remembered in ours as well!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. George
If Mary Magdalene was the victim of misunderstanding, George is the object
of a vast amount of imagination. There is every reason to believe that he
was a real martyr who suffered at Lydia in Palestine, probably before the
time of Constantine. The Church adheres to his memory, but not to the
legends surrounding his life. That he was willing to pay the supreme price
to follow Christ is what the Church believes. And it is enough. The story of
George's slaying the dragon, rescuing the king's daughter and converting
Libya is a twelfth-century Italian fable. George was a favorite patron saint
of crusaders, as well as of Eastern soldiers in earlier times. He is a
patron saint of England, Portugal, Germany, Aragon, Catalonia, Genoa and
Venice.

So Ananias went and entered the house; laying his hands on him, he said,
"Saul, my brother, the Lord has sent me, Jesus who appeared to you on the
way by which you came, that you may regain your sight and be filled with the
Holy Spirit." Immediately things like scales fell from his eyes and he
regained his sight. He got up and was baptized, and when he had eaten, he
recovered his strength. He stayed some days with the disciples in Damascus,
and he began at once to proclaim Jesus in the synagogues, that he is the Son
of God. ~Acts 9:1-20

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his
Flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat
the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink his Blood, you do not have life within
you. John 6:52-59

Paul regains his sight and is able to see the error of his ways.  He tries
to undo the damage he caused and begins to proclaim the Jesus is the Son of
God. In our Gospel the Jews are quarreling about Jesus giving his flesh to
eat.  Jesus tells them tough, "unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man
and drink His Blood, you do not have life within you."

I pray that I may continue to repent and undo the damage I've done through
sin.  I pray that I may receive the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ
in the Eucharist faithfully and often.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Deb asks prayers for her son so that he is called back to work. A family
friend requests prayers for Erin who delivered a still born baby. Please
pray for our 9th Graders who celebrated the Rite of Election tonight, and
our 10th graders who will be Confirmed on 02 May!

We pray for the victims of the mine explosion and natural disasters. We pray
for those receiving Confirmation and First Communion, especially the second
graders in our CCD Program who will receive First Communion this weekend.