<MP>Friday, 22 September 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:14:00 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"If there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any
sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete: be
of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one
mind."  Philippians 2:1-2

There is great joy in living the spiritual life.  A faith without joy is not
entirely genuine.  If we are not happier as a result of our faith, there is
probably something wrong.  Faith in God can bring us a deep feeling of
happiness and security, no matter what happens on the surface of our life.
Each new day is another opportunity to serve God and improve our
relationships with other people.  This can bring joy. Life can be abundant
and outreaching.  It can be glowing and outgoing, in ever widening circles.

I pray that my horizons may grow ever wider.  I pray that I may keep
reaching out for more service and companionship.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for the soul of her friend from Arizona who
passed away this morning  (Thursday) and her family, that they may be
comforted by the strong faith she professed openly. A member asks for
prayers  so they will meet their responsibilities in their financial crisis.
Mary Ann asks for prayers for our church and country, both under attack by
extreme factions of the Muslim Religion.

Eileen requests prayers for God's blessings on her son and future
daughter-in-law  on their wedding day, Sept. 23, and all through their
lives. Claire, a believer, requests prayers for her family in need of
healing. Bob asks prayers for the forgiveness of past hurts.

A mother asks for prayers for herself and her son, that they may discern
God's will in making an important decision. Puja asks prayers for someone
hurt in a blast. Praise be to God for restoring my mother's ability to
breathe on her own.

Loretta asks prayers for her brother who was crushed between a tractor and a
truck resulting in broken ribs and punctured lungs. Ann asks prayers for her
eldest Nephew, who has a drinking problem; that he will come to his senses
immediately, and get some help accordingly. A mom asks prayers for her
daughter who has a disability and needs to have loyal friends in school.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm