<MP>Friday, 22 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:42:29 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Chair of Peter the Apostle
This feast commemorates Christ's choosing Peter to sit in his place as the
servant-authority of the whole Church (see June 29).  For more, click the
link below:

Do not lord it over those assigned to you, but be examples to the flock. And
when the chief Shepherd is revealed, you will receive the unfading crown of
glory.  ~ 1 Peter 4:1-5

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my
Church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I
will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth
shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in
heaven." ~ Matthew 16:13-19

As we celebrate the Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter we recall the
authority and mission Jesus gave Peter, to be the rock upon whom He would
build His Church.  Sometimes we can become uncomfortable with authority.
The authority of Peter though, was to keep us on the right path and to lead
us to God's Kingdom. We pray for Benedict XVI, the successor to Peter, that
he may be wise and courageous and keep us on the path we should follow.

I pray that I may be grateful for the guidance God's Church and our Holy
Father provide.  I pray that I may lead others closer to God by following
the example of the many holy people around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Marilynn asks for prayers for her daughter to return to the Church.
Helen-Ann to have a full-time job to adequately meet urgent financial
expenses. Rita requesting prayer for 73 year old woman. Mary asks prayers
for her son, that he may get a job and be able to pay his bills. Cindy asks
prayers for her Mom so that God will provide the strength and courage she
will need when the cancer overtakes her body. Bonnie asks prayers of
thanksgiving the chemo drugs and reducing he husbands myeloma, that they
continue to eliminate it and the amyloid, and that his heart grows stronger.

Nancy from PA requests prayers that the mammogram she will be having won't
show any new cancer. Alice asks prayers that she may get a good job. Maria
asks prayers for a safe relocation and a special intention. Patricia asks
for prayers for her husband that the Lord will bless him in his finances and
help the family to meet every obligation and that the family will receive
grace to always walk in the light of the Lord.