<MP>Friday, 22 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:42:08 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are
with me; your rod and your staff-- they comfort me."  ~Psalm 23:4

We need not fear evil, because the power of God can conquer evil. Evil has
power to seriously hurt only those who do not place themselves under God's
protection.  This is not a question of feeling.  It is an assured fact of
our experience.  We can say to ourselves with assurance that whatever it is,
no evil can seriously harm us as long as we depend on God.  We can be sure
of the protection of God's grace.

I pray that fear of evil will not get me down.  I pray that I may try to
place myself to day under the protection of God's grace.

Dorothy asks prayers for someone who had surgery for several blockages and
is in serious condition. A mother requests prayers for the health, safety
and well bring of her children. Denise requests prayers for a friend's
husband who is a severe diabetic and has suffered complications following
gastric bypass surgery.

In thanksgiving for grandsons diagnosis, though serious, it is as bad as
original diagnosis, and in thanksgiving for specialized medical hospitals. A
member asks prayers for all those who are depressed and have difficulties at
Christmas.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm