<MP>Friday, 21 May 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 19:39:22 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18 or fewer
seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my Web Site
and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

St. Cristóbal Magallanes and Companions (d. 1915-1928)
Like Blessed Miguel Agustín Pro, S.J., Cristóbal and his 24 companion
martyrs lived under a very anti-Catholic government in Mexico, one
determined to weaken the Catholic faith of its people. Churches, schools and
seminaries were closed; foreign clergy were expelled. Cristóbal established
a clandestine seminary at Totatiche, Jalisco. Magallanes and the other
priests were forced to minister secretly to Catholics during the presidency
of Plutarco Calles (1924-28). All of these martyrs except three were
diocesan priests. David, Manuel and Salvador were laymen who died with their
parish priest, Luis Batis. All of these martyrs belonged to the Cristero
movement, pledging their allegiance to Christ and to the Church that he
established to spread the Good News in society?even if Mexico's leaders once
made it a crime to receive Baptism or celebrate the Mass.

The Lord has established his throne in heaven. ~Psalm 103

He said to him the third time, ?Simon, son of John, do you love me?? Peter
was distressed that he had said to him a third time, ?Do you love me?? and
he said to him, ?Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.? Jesus
said to him, ?Feed my sheep. ~John 21:15-19

Jesus instructions are simple.  If we love Him, feed His sheep. When we do
so we imitate the actions of the Good Shepherd and follow God's plan for us
in our lives.

I pray that I may love Jesus.  I pray that I may show my love by feeding His
sheep.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary prays that the person who vandalized her car will be caught so they
won't be able to do any more harm to anyone. Member asks for prayers for
grandson who has drinking and social problems. Pat begs prayers for daughter
who just gave birth and is being abused by husband.

A member requests prayers for her Dad who is having eye surgery, that all
will go well with God's blessing. Karla asks prayers for a special
intention.