<MP>Friday, 21 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:56:23 -0500

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R   P A T
Secure your e-mail address.

Many of us tire of getting dozens and hundreds of spam e-mails.  Some of it
may be our own fault.  If our e-mail address is easily available on a Web
Site, then an electronic "harvester" can snag it and use or sell it.  So,
don't sign a Web Site Guest book unless you click "Private Submission" or be
sure that they work like my guest books too, requiring click-throughs to get
to the e-mail address.  If you have a Web Site and include your e-mail
address you can use a simple Java Script, like I do, to hide the address
from electronic harvesters.  The page looks like the e-mail address is
there, but it's hidden from the harvesters.  How to do it?  Just follow this
link:

       http://www.nalroo.com/news/hide-email-address.shtml

     From Father Pat Umberger

"If I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I
am nothing."  ~1 Corinthians 13:2

"Faith can move mountains."  That expression means that faith can change any
situation and make it better.  If we trust God, God can show us the way to
"move mountains."  If we are humble enough to know that we can do little by
ourselves to change a situation, if we have enough faith to ask God to give
us the power we need, and if we are grateful enough for the grace God gives
us, we can "move mountains." Situations can be changed by the better by our
presence.

I pray that I may use the faith I have to become really effective.  I pray
that I may learn to depend less on myself and more on God.