<MP>Friday, 21 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 20:50:48 -0600

R A F F L E    C A L E N D A R
$16,755 in Prizes!  A winner every day all year!

2008 Adesse Raffle Calendars are now available!  There are daily drawings
from 01 January-31 December 2008.  Calendars are $25. You'll be a winner
because you'll be helping our parish . . . and you might win a prize as
well!  If you're interested, just visit our Parish Web Site to see the
calendar, prizes and more . . . and fill out the easy form there and we'll
save some for you!  Just follow the banner link from: www.stpatz.com

A D V E N T    P A G E S
Our Advent Pages are up and running ... from links to alternative Christmas
gifts to much more.  Just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Peter Canisius (1521-1597)
The energetic life of Peter Canisius should demolish any stereotypes we may
have of the life of a saint as dull or routine. Peter lived his 76 years at
a pace which must be considered heroic, even in our time of rapid change. A
man blessed with many talents, Peter is an excellent example of the
scriptural man who develops his talents for the sake of the Lord's work. For
more, click the link below:

"Arise, my beloved, my dove, my beautiful one, and come! "For see, the
winter is past, the rains are over and gone. The flowers appear on the
earth, the time of pruning the vines has come, and the song of the dove is
heard in our land.  ~Song of Songs 2:8-14

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and
Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
~Luke 1:39-45

God loves us so very much, as we hear in our First Reading. He wants us to
have loving relationships, peace and happiness.  He sends us His only Son to
be "God with us."  We await His coming.  As we hear in today's Gospel,
"Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would
be fulfilled."

I pray that I may wait in joyful hope for the coming of Jesus, God with us.
I pray that I may trust that what the Lord has promised us will come to
pass. I open my own heart to the Lord that Jesus may be born there.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Dorothy asks for prayers for her daughter-in-law who needs good employment.
Marguerite ask for prayer for her brother's healing. Frieda asks prayers for
her son so he does well with his new job.

Marie requests prayers for her best friend who is hospitalized with an
undiagnosed illness and is also struggling with issues involving her son and
granddaughter. Anna Jane asks prayers for Father Pat who is such an
inspiration to many, especially myself. Please give him health and let him
know how much he means to us. Joyce asks prayers for the success of
someone's chemotherapy.