<MP>Friday, 19 September 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:38:36 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Only ELEVEN seats remain, FOUR from La Crosse.
   10-22 November 2008

   NEW SUBSCRIBERS ARE MOST WELCOME!
   SINGLE TRAVELERS ARE MOST WELCOME!

   Assisi, Rome, the Vatican, Orvieto, Loreto, Lanciano,
   Sorrento, Capri, the Blue Grotto, amalfi, Pompeii,
   Montecassino, Mt St. Angelo, San Giovanni Rotondo,
   the Wednesday audience with Pope Benedict XVI and more!

   Departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York (JFK)
   Use the brochure ... on-line now at www.frpat.com

St. Januarius (d. 305?)
Nothing is known of Januarius's life. He is believed to have been martyred
in the Diocletian persecution of 305. Legend has it that after Januarius was
thrown to the bears in the amphitheater of Pozzuoli, he was beheaded, and
his blood ultimately brought to Naples.  For more, follow the link below:

For if the dead are not raised, neither has Christ been raised, and if
Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain;
you are still in your sins. ~1 Corinthians 15:12-20

Accompanying him were the Twelve and some women who had been cured of evil
spirits and infirmities, Mary, called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had
gone out, Joanna, the wife of Herod's steward Chuza, Susanna, and many
others
who provided for them out of their resources.

The most important thing we believe as Christian people is that Jesus rose
from the dead. Through His resurrection he brings us life, forgiveness,
healing, peace, and the courage to follow God's call in our lives. As we
continue to hope in Christ, we can trust in His presence in our lives and
all the benefits that come to us through His death and resurrection.

I pray that I may have a strong faith in Jesus' death and resurrection.  I
pray that I may receive the forgiveness and healing I need as I strive to
follow God's call in my life. I pray that my example may help others to
follow God's call in their lives as well.