<MP>Friday, 19 March 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:32:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Yesterday we ran out of Air Tickets from LA CROSSE.  Gary, of Pentecost
Tours, and I decided to try to procure more La Crosse tickets, expecting
that there would be an additional cost of $350-$500. We hit a lucky
moment, and were able to get
TEN ADDITIONAL LA CROSSE TICKETS AT THE SAME PRICE.
Remember though, that the first to register get those tickets!
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 18
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Joseph
The Bible pays Joseph the highest compliment: he was a ?just? man. The
quality meant a lot more than faithfulness in paying debts. When the Bible
speaks of God ?justifying? someone, it means that God, the all-holy or
?righteous? One, so transforms a person that the individual shares somehow
in God?s own holiness, and hence it is really ?right? for God to love him
or her. In other words, God is not playing games, acting as if we were
lovable when we are not. By saying Joseph was ?just,? the Bible means that
he was one who was completely open to all that God wanted to do for him.
He became holy by opening himself totally to God.

The son of David will live for ever. ~Psalm 89

When Joseph awoke, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him
and took his wife into his home. ~Matthew 1:16, 18-21

St Joseph was a good and just man. He was obedient to God even though he
didn't have full understanding of God's ways. He took his wife Mary into
his home and became the foster-father of Jesus. How blessed he was, and
how wise God was in his choice of Mary and Joseph. We too can be called by
God to do things we don't fully understand. May we respond as freely!

I pray that I may be ready for God's call however it comes to me. I pray
that I may say "yes" to God's call even though I don't fully understand
His call or the cost of His call.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.